1. The 35th NCC Basic Diving Course is a 3 weeks full-time residential course specially designed and tailored for Officers, C/Offrs, senior cadets and NCC associate members of NCC for another adventurous type of training. This package is to train participants to use compressed air breathing apparatus confidently to a depth not exceeding 18m and it opens the way to the wonders of the underwater world. Interested cadets and teacher officers who are physically and mentally fit may apply for the diving course.
2. The course will be conducted at Dive School, Naval Diving Unit (NDU). Outstation dives may be conducted off Singapore by NDU to orientate the Officers, Cadet Officers and senior NCC cadets in open water environment.
3. The 35rd NCC Basic Diving course will commence on 26 Nov 2012 and ends on 7 Dec 2012 with a Passing Out Ceremony.
4. The NCC Basic Diving course is open to all members of the NCC including female members. All cadets who apply for the Basic Diving course must have the following pre-requisites:
a. Must obtain parental/guardian’s consent and recommended by unit/school.
b. Must be 3SG and above.
c. Must be medically fit.
d. Must have a height not less than 1.60m.
e. Must have weight not less than 55 kg.
f. Must have good eyesight of 6/6 to 6/24.
g. Must have education level of at least Sec 3.
h. Attained at least Silver award in NAPFA (validity 2 months from date of 1st swimming test)
SWIMMING TEST DATE AND LOCATION/TRANSPORTATION
5. There will be 2 swimming tests. Only eligible cadets will be notified to attend the swimming selection test. IMOS will support NCC to conduct the 1st swimming test while NDU will conduct the 2nd test.
6. The 1st swimming test will be held at Changi Naval Base, Sports Complex Swimming Pool on 30 August 2012 (Thursday) from 1400H to 1800H. Cadets will report in their school uniforms and are to bring along their own swimwear and goggles.
7. Transportation will be provided from Tanah Merah MRT Station and cadets are to report at the bus bay outside the MRT (direction of traffic facing Singapore EXPO) at 1330hr.
SWIMMING TESTS CRITERIA
8. Candidates applying for the course must achieve the following minimum requirements in the swimming tests as set by NDU:
a. Swim 200 meters in Breast Stroke ONLY within 6 minutes.
b. Complete a 5 meters tower/confidence jump into swimming pool.
c. Swim underwater for 25 metres.
9. Short listed cadets who passed the 1st swimming test will undergo a Medical test to be held at Naval Diving Branch in September (date to be confirmed). This is a full day medical check up and cadets are expected to apply a full day leave from school.
a. Chest X-ray and clinical test at Naval Diving Medicine Branch.
b. The final medical test will include a Chamber dive and final medical check-up.
10. Candidates who are certified unfit by the medical officer will not be considered for final 2nd swimming test.
2ND SWIMMING TEST
11. The 2nd swimming test will be conducted in October at the Naval Diving Unit NDU pool, Sembawang Camp for cadets who cleared their medical check-up. Details of the test will be confirmed at a later date. Results of the test will be announced immediately after the test.
STEP 1: PLEASE REGISTER HERE (By 16 Aug 2012, 12 noon):
STEP 2: PLEASE COLLECT HARDCOPY REGISTRATION FORM FROM MDM WONG and submit completed form to Mdm Wong by 16 Aug 2012, 12 noon)