1. HQ NCC (Sea) will be conducting the 38th Annual Kayaking Expedition (AKE) from 10 June to 13 June 2012.
2. Participants are required to attend all trainings/selections once their names are registered on the nominal roll. The rations for participants are indented for these trainings. As such, any registered participants who do not attend training would be required to pay for the ration not consumed.
3. The participants would be required to have a proper haircut and correct hair colour for ALL trainings & selections, otherwise, they would not be allowed for the training.
4. Participants must adhere to all regulations for training safety, to be equipped with the proper attire and bring the required items for training. Those participants who failure to comply will not be allowed to continue the training.
5. In view of the safety requirements for sea expedition, all participants must meet the following criteria:
a. No medical history
b. Maximum weight limit of 80 kg
c. Attain 1 Star Kayaking Award or better
d. Able to swim
6. All participants are required to complete and pass 2 preparatory trainings/selections and the mini-expedition.
7. Absentees (without valid reasons/medical certification) and late for training will be deemed to have withdrawn from the AKE 2012. Appeals for re-entry to AKE 2012 trainings will not be entertained.
SCHEDULE FOR TRAININGS
8. The trainings for AKE 2012 include preparatory trainings/selections, a mini-expedition and conclude with the AKE.
9. The First Preparatory Training: 7 Mar 2012, Wed.
10. The Second Preparatory Training: 24 Mar 2012, Sat
11. Mini AKE: 6-8 April 2012. Cadets who fulfil the requirements of the MKE will advance to the final AKE.
12. AKE: 10-13 June 2012
Part Cs must ensure you are able to commit on all the above-mentioned dates, before you sign up for AKE 2012
LIST OF ITEMS TO BRING
1. Student Identity Card (compulsory)
2. One Extra set of dry clothing (compulsory)
3. Towel (compulsory)
4. Medications (sea-sick pills, Panadol, if necessary)
5. Sunblock Lotion (compulsory)
6. Sunglasses (UV protected)
7. Cap (compulsory)
8. Water Bottle (min. 1.5L, compulsory)
10. Wet-PT TrackShoes / Booties (Compulsory) ** Strictly no sandals or slippers allowed.
11. Track Shoe (compulsory)
Mini-Expeditions / AKE
All the items in Preparatory training(above) and the following:
1. 2 Overnight Packs (compulsory) - 1 pack consists of 1set of dry clothing, powder, personal toiletries, towel
2. Sponge (large)
3. Bailer (old plastic bottle, compulsory)
4. Personal thermometer
5. Mosquito repellent (rub-on or spray-on)
6. Plastic Mug with handle
7. Sleeping Bag (compulsory)
8. Whistle (compulsory)
1. Participants are advised not to bring valuables (e.g. Excessive money, jewellery, etc) and expensive items (e.g. handphones, cameras, video cameras and other image capturing devices) to the training/camp. HQ NCC will not be responsible for any losses or damages to personal belongings and valuables.
2. All participants will be checked for the compulsory items when they report at the centre.
3. All cadets are not allowed to bring image capturing devices(handphones) as these are contraband items prohibited from SAF camps/NCC Camp.
DEADLINE: 30 Jan 2012, 1400 hour